Friday, June 27, 2008

Reading Rand might Kill you

"I like Cigarettes; I like to think of fire held in a man’s hand. FIRE, a dangerous force, tamed at his finger tips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come out from such hours. When a man thinks there is a spot of fire alive in his mind – and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression."
- Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged, 1957)


This quote by Ayn Rand, some few years back, almost compelled me to take up smoking. After few failed attempts when i was finally able to take the puff inside my lungs, i almost choked myself by coughing intermittently, there was a sure heaviness in the head and mouth was foul with bitterness. I decided never to try it again.
Since then i believe.."Reading Ayn Rand can be injurious to health"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

True .. but I hate to believe it tht u wud b almost *compelled* to take up smokin .. lol

Aman said...

well well ...
what can i say with a smile on my face

i love Ayn Rand or better loved her writings one. Fountainhead ... was my masterpiece of literature.

and what can i say about this particular sentence. u dont how many time i have quoted these sentences to my friends when they shared time with me while smoking.

yes, i was a smoker for 4 yrs. i quit recently.